June 1 – August 6, 2022:
Join us for a summer of exploration . . . and a little bit of detective work! Read, write, create, and investigate during our summer reading program for kids.
Youth Summer Reading Program
Start on the Right Track
Follow the trail to summer reading and exploration! Register for the summer reading program on stillwaterbayportlibrary.beanstack.org, via the free Beanstack app, or in person at the library beginning June 1.
- After registering, pick up one free book to keep!
- Track reading and activities on Beanstack. Readers can submit book reviews, too!
- Prefer a paper option? Record your progress on the Summer Explorers Mystery Tracker (available at the library).
Community Goal: 105,000 Reading Minutes
We’re challenging Stillwater and Bayport youth to read a combined total of 105,000 minutes from June 1 – August 6. Our mission is to beat last year’s total of 102,629 minutes. If we meet the goal, each library will add a Kodo Flight Lab to the children’s area. The flight lab is a wind tunnel that promotes interactive learning and supports children’s exploration of STEM including air currents and wind.
Our thanks to generous donors for providing this reading challenge opportunity.
Color and create in our art space in the storytime room. Each month, we will feature a new art prompt to inspire young artists and makers. Materials will vary throughout the month, and children are invited to design and create their own projects using those supplies.
No registration is needed. Drop in and create anytime during library hours. Not only are arts and crafts fun, but these activities build essential skills to help your child learn and discover!
Just for Teens
Teens, create your own summer of exploration through Summer Mystery Explorers. Kick off your summer with a free book to keep.
- Register at stillwaterbayportlibrary.beanstack.org or via the free Beanstack app. Earn virtual badges as you track your Puzzler, Adventurer, Creator and Bookworm activities.
- Register to attend virtual author talks with some of your favorite authors like R.L. Stine, Ben Philippe and Traci Chee.
- Stop by the teen library for Teen Time each Friday in June from 3-4 p.m. Try a fun activity each week, designed especially for teens.