Stillwater Public Library Storytimes
Join us for engaging storytimes for children and their families and caregivers, specifically designed with early literacy learning in mind.
Wednesdays in April at 10:30 AM:
This April, join Baby Bear and Miss Kim on Wednesday mornings at 10:30 AM for stories, songs, poems and more to encourage the development of early literacy skills.
Programs will be held on the 4th Street Lawn, weather permitting. In case of inclement weather, the event will relocate inside to the Margaret Rivers meeting rooms. Please plan to follow current guidelines for group events attended by young children. No registration is required.
Wednesday, April 6: Musical Preschool Storytime with guest presenter Music Together in the Valley)
Wednesday, April 13: Baby Bear and Miss Kim
Wednesday, April 20: Baby Bear and Miss Kim
Wednesday, April 27: Baby Bear and Miss Kim
May Musical Storytimes
Coming in May:
Make music with us! Join us for musical storytimes on Wednesdays at 10:30 AM and on Saturday, May 14 at 10:30 AM.
Wednesday, May 4: Join Teacher Sarah, from Music Together in the Valley, as she helps children explore music and movement through the theme of “Star Wars.”
Wednesday, May 11: Sing and dance along with special guest Ms. Rose and her ukulele Music-A-Long singalong!
Saturday, May 14: Baby Bear loves music! Join Baby Bear and Miss Kim for stories, songs, poems and more to encourage the development of early literacy skills.
Wednesday, May 18: Join Teacher Sarah from Music Together in the Valley as she helps children explore music and movement.
Wednesday, May 25: Baby Bear loves music! Join Baby Bear and Miss Kim for stories, songs, poems and more to encourage the development of early literacy skills.
Programs will be held on the Fourth Street Lawn, weather permitting. In case of inclement weather, the event will relocate inside to the Margaret Rivers meeting rooms. Please plan to follow current guidelines for group events attended by young children. No registration is required.
Missing storytime at the library or at school?
Check out these online storytime options or tune into virtual reading and learning offerings with authors and illustrators.
Stillwater Storytimes & Programs
- Stillwater Public Library Virtual Storytime – Visit our YouTube page to view select recorded storytimes. There will be singing, talking, reading, writing and playing.
- Stillwater Public Library Programs – Check out our full calendar of upcoming programs for kids, teens and adults.
- Brightly Storytime – A video collection of full-length picture books read aloud.
- Storyline Online – Videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creative illustrations.
- Story Time From Space – Videos of astronauts read children’s books from the International Space Station!
- KidLit TV Read Out Loud – KitLitTV features a range of shows including storytimes, drawing lessons, interviews and more.
Authors, Illustrators and Celebrities
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems – Archived from 2020.
- Write. Right. Rite: Grab the Mic Series – National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature, Jason Reynolds, is launching a weekly videos series. The biweekly video series will inspire young people to tell their own stories.
- Making Space with Christian Robinson – This video series invites everyone to join in making something together. Creativity has the power to heal and everyone has a creative spark. These videos help you explore yours!
- Dav Pilkey at Home – Find fun and free activities from Dog Man author Dav Pilkey.
- Draw Every Day with JJK – Archived webcasts with author and illustrator Jarrett J. Krosoczka.
- Stimola Literary Studio – A collection of live stream events for kids, tweens, and teens by professional authors and illustrators.
- Todd Parr on YouTube – Listen to Todd Parr read “The Worry Book” and his other books on his YouTube channel.
- Oliver Jeffers on Instagram – Archived readings.
- Mac Barnett on Instagram – Archived readings.
- Kate Messner – Favorite authors and illustrators share resources for virtual reading and learning (Spring 2020).