Stillwater Public Library Storytimes
Join us for engaging storytimes for children and their families and caregivers, specifically designed with early literacy learning in mind.
Wednesday Preschool Storytimes
This winter, join us for Preschool Storytimes on Wednesdays at 10:30 AM and again at 11:30 AM at the library. We will explore stories, songs, poems and more to encourage the development of early literacy skills.
Jan. 4: Miss Kim & Baby Bear (Music & Movement with Wendy’s Wiggle, Jiggle & Jam was originally scheduled but needed to cancel)
Jan. 11, 18, 25: Miss Kim & Baby Bear
Feb. 1: Music & Movement with Music Together in the Valley
Feb. 8, 15, 22: Miss Kim & Baby Bear
Mar. 1: Music & Movement with Music Together in the Valley
Mar. 8, 15, 22, 29: Miss Kim & Baby Bear
Programs are scheduled indoors in the Margaret Rivers Room on the upper level of the library. Storytime will occur at 10:30 AM, and the same program will repeat at 11:30 AM. No registration is required.
Baby & Toddler Storytime
First and Third Tuesdays:
Join Puppy Pete and Miss Kim for an interactive storytime designed especially for our youngest learners. Activities include books, songs, puppets, fingerplays and body movement. Ages 0-3. No registration is required.
Programs will be held in the Margaret Rivers Room, located on the upper level of the library.
Second Saturday Storytimes
Second Saturday of Each Month:
Join Baby Bear and Miss Kim at 10:30 AM on the Second Saturday of each month for stories, songs, poems and more to encourage the development of early literacy skills.
Programs will be in the Margaret Rivers Room, located on the upper level of the library.
Missing storytime at the library or at school?
Check out these online storytime options or tune into virtual reading and learning offerings with authors and illustrators.
Stillwater Storytimes & Programs
- Stillwater Public Library Virtual Storytime – Visit our YouTube page to view select recorded storytimes. There will be singing, talking, reading, writing and playing.
- Stillwater Public Library Programs – Check out our full calendar of upcoming programs for kids, teens and adults.
- Brightly Storytime – A video collection of full-length picture books read aloud.
- Storyline Online – Videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creative illustrations.
- Story Time From Space – Videos of astronauts read children’s books from the International Space Station!
- KidLit TV Read Out Loud – KitLitTV features a range of shows including storytimes, drawing lessons, interviews and more.
Authors, Illustrators and Celebrities
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems – Archived from 2020.
- Write. Right. Rite: Grab the Mic Series – National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature, Jason Reynolds, is launching a weekly videos series. The biweekly video series will inspire young people to tell their own stories.
- Making Space with Christian Robinson – This video series invites everyone to join in making something together. Creativity has the power to heal and everyone has a creative spark. These videos help you explore yours!
- Dav Pilkey at Home – Find fun and free activities from Dog Man author Dav Pilkey.
- Draw Every Day with JJK – Archived webcasts with author and illustrator Jarrett J. Krosoczka.
- Stimola Literary Studio – A collection of live stream events for kids, tweens, and teens by professional authors and illustrators.
- Todd Parr on YouTube – Listen to Todd Parr read “The Worry Book” and his other books on his YouTube channel.
- Oliver Jeffers on Instagram – Archived readings.
- Mac Barnett on Instagram – Archived readings.
- Kate Messner – Favorite authors and illustrators share resources for virtual reading and learning (Spring 2020).