Missing storytime at the library or at school? Check-out these online storytime options or tune into virtual reading and learning offerings with authors and illustrators. Search the hashtag #kidlitquarantine to find more.
- Stillwater Public Library Virtual Storytime – Tune in to our Facebook page as we take storytime online with Librarian Kim and beloved puppet, Baby Bear, on Wednesdays at 10:15 AM. There will be singing, talking, reading, writing and playing.
- Brightly Storytime – A video collection of full-length picture books read aloud.
- Storyline Online – Videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creative illustrations.
- Story Time From Space – Videos of astronauts read children’s books from the International Space Station!
- KidLit TV Read Out Loud – KitLitTV features a range of shows including storytimes, drawing lessons, interviews and more.
Doodles and Drawing
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems – New episodes are posted weekdays at 12 PM.
- Draw Every Day with JJK – Jarrett J. Krosoczka will be hosting free webcasts weekdays at 1 PM CST that are archived on YouTube.
Authors, Illustrators and Celebrities Reading Books
- Stimola Literary Studio – A collection of live stream events for kids, tweens, and teens by professional authors and illustrators.
- Todd Parr on YouTube – Listen to Todd Parr read “The Worry Book” and his other books on his youtube channel.
- Oliver Jeffers on Instagram – Daily readings of a book live in Instagram Stories at 1 PM CST.
- Mac Barnett on Instagram – Daily readings of picture books life on Instagram Stories at 2 PM CST.
- Kate Messner – Favorite authors and illustrators share resources for virtual reading and learning (Spring 2020).
- Monique Gray Smith on Instagram – Videos of reading picture books on her Instagram.
- Josh Gad on Twitter – Actor Josh Gad is reading books to kids online every night on Twitter.