About The Library
The Stillwater Public Library strengthens our community by advancing literacy, enriching lifelong learning, and empowering civic engagement.
The Stillwater Public Library connects members of our community with the power of knowledge, the possibility of new ideas, and the opportunity to engage with one another.
COVID-19 Update: We are open with new hours for Express Services. Learn more about how we are serving you.
Stop in for a short visit of 60-minutes or less to browse books, pick up holds, check out materials, and use a computer.
1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The Stillwater Public Library was established in 1897. The original building was constructed in 1902 on the current site with funds provided by Andrew Carnegie. An addition was built in 1973 with financial support from the Margaret Rivers Foundation. The building was completely renovated in 1987.
In March 2005, the City Council formally approved a resolution to provide City funds of $5 million towards a library renovation and expansion project, and authorized the Library Board to proceed. Matching funds to complete the project came from the generous support of foundations, corporations, and individuals in the Stillwater community. Groundbreaking for the project was in September 2005. Construction was completed in the fall of 2006. The library reopened at the Third Street site on September 18, 2006, after over a year in temporary quarters at the Valley Ridge Mall.