In alignment with state guidelines and in accordance with other Stillwater City Departments, Stillwater Public Library is closed to the public until further notice. This proactive measure prioritizes the health and safety of our community, staff and volunteers in a combined effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19. We will be monitoring the evolving situation closely and will update our response plans as needed. Check back here for more information and updates. To receive updates in your inbox, sign up for our e-newsletter at the bottom of the home page.
What if my items are due?
To provide flexibility in keeping items, materials currently checked out are not due until May 15, 2020. Dates will be adjusted as the situation evolves. Many library materials will automatically renew up to three times allowing you to retain the items for even longer. All fees incurred during this period will be waived. Electronic materials, such as ebooks and digital audiobooks, will be returned automatically when they are due.
I have a question about my account, library materials or library resources. Is there anyone that can help me?
You can reach library staff through voicemail and email. Staff will be responding on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays from 12 to 5 PM. Leave a message at 651.275.4338 or send an email to email@example.com.
Can I apply for a library card?
Washington County residents are welcome to register for a library card by applying online. Upon verification, you’ll get a library card number and pin to access library materials and resources.
What is the status of library programs, events and meetings at the library?
All library programs and events scheduled at the library are canceled through May 31. Meeting space reservations have also been canceled, and meeting space will be unavailable for use through May 31.
Can I drop off my materials in the book drop?
There’s no need to return checked-out materials at this time. The book drops are closed. We’ve extended the due dates for all currently checked-out materials to May 15, 2020. This includes materials checked out from other libraries through InterLibrary Loan (ILL).
Curbside Pick-up of Holds
Our curbside holds pick-up is suspended while the Minnesota Stay at Home Order is place. We are hoping to resume pick-up service when the order expires. While holds may continue to be placed in the catalog, Stillwater is not available as a pick-up location. In the interim, you can save titles on your library account wish list and request holds when pick-up service resumes.
To add a title to a wish list:
- Log into your library account via the My Account icon on the top bar of the website.
- Enter your barcode and pin number (often the last 4 digits of your phone number).
- Search for item in the catalog, and click on the title’s name.
- A detail screen for the item will appear. Under Select An Action, choose Add to My Lists. If this is the first list that you have created, it will save to a temporary file.
- On the top catalog menu bar, select My Lists to view titles.
- Choose Save Temporary List from the Select An Action menu and enter a list name. Choose Save to save the list.
If you would like to be contacted about our curbside holds pick-up service when it resumes, please complete the online form.
Library Resources You Can Access From Home
- Download ebooks and digital audiobooks through cloudLibrary, RBdigital, and Libby. Need some how-to instructions? Check out our ebooks, eaudio and emagazines page.
- Download digital magazines through RBdigital.
- Watch and read along with video storybooks paired with nonfiction ebooks through BookFlix.
- Access online tutoring with Homework HelpNow.
- Practice language skills with Transparent Language.
- Check out this list of librarian compiled free activities to do from home!
- Hone career skills, prep for tests and much more!