We are here for you and are working hard to serve you in new ways.
Visit the Library
The library is open from 10 AM – 8 PM on Mondays through Thursdays and from 10 AM – 5 PM on Fridays and Saturdays. Beginning on September 12, we will also be open on Sundays from 1 PM – 5 PM. Stop in to browse materials, read a newspaper, or enjoy the terrace and gallery. We encourage visitors to wear a mask and maintain social distancing. Learn more.
Schedule a Library Locker Appointment
Reserve your library materials online and schedule a library locker appointment to pick up your items.
- Request library materials. Use the library catalog to place holds on specific titles.
- After you receive an email that your materials are ready, schedule a library locker pickup appointment.
- Pick up your items from the library lockers, located just inside the double doors from the library’s parking ramp on Third Street. Materials are available in the locker for the day of your appointment only, and lockers are only accessible during library hours.
If the library locker service is full or you have an available item that you would like more quickly, stop into the library and retrieve your materials from the holds shelf during library hours. No appointment is needed. The holds shelf is located across from the Public Services desk on the lower level of the library.
Try a Book Bundle
Try Book Bundles, a new and convenient way to explore and check out library materials. Instead of requesting specific titles, tell us what types of materials you would like, and staff will select them for you.”
Get a Library Card
Apply for a library card online to start accessing library materials today! Fill Out the Application Here.
Borrow a Laptop or Wi-Fi
Do you need access to an internet connection or a computer while the library is closed? Wi-Fi hotspots and laptops are now available for check out with your library card. Equipment must be picked up at and returned to Stillwater. Learn more!
Apply to be a Library Trustee
Trustees are needed for the Stillwater Public Library Board, with terms beginning in January 2022. Anyone interested in an appointment to the Library Board of Trustees is encouraged to apply online by 4:30 PM on Monday, November 8, 2021.
- Trustees must be residents of Stillwater and are appointed to a three-year term, renewable for two additional terms.
- Trustees are responsible for the governance of the library. Trustees establish and review policy, set strategic goals, hire and evaluate the library director, establish and monitor the library budget, and promote and advocate for the library in the community.
- The Library Board of Trustees has nine members and meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM.
- Each trustee is assigned to a committee – Facilities, Finance or Governance.
View the trustee job description for more details about this opportunity.
To apply, go to the City of Stillwater Board & Commissions page. Select the “Apply” button in the upper right corner. The application deadline is 4:30 PM on Monday, November 8, 2021. If you have questions, please contact the City Clerk at 651-430-8800.
Join us for informative and engaging programs. Many programs are virtual, with some programs being offered in-person. View our event calendar for a full list of upcoming activities. Missed a program? Check our YouTube channel for recorded past events.
Our library never closes! Use your library card to access our digital library, available 24/7, from home and on the go.
eBooks & more
Borrow eBooks, eAudio and eMagazines with your library card. We have digital materials for readers (and listeners) of all ages.
Research & Online Courses
Learning never ends at the library. Research your ancestors, learn a new language, find automotive repair information, and more.
Tools for Kids & Caregivers
Do you need trusted references for a school project? Flashcards and practice tests? Fun activities for days at home?
Check out our learning resources for early learners, school-aged learners and caregivers.